Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter is here!

Seemingly in earnest, finally.  Snow is on the ground, the woodstove is enjoying us crowding up to it, the water froze again.  I have been battling a massive headache with a slight fever and I wonder if it is a sinus issue?  I don't know.

For those who remember me speaking of our beloved shar-pei dogs, Yin and Yang, I must tell you they are no more.  Sadly, after months of peaceful, even affectionate coexistence with our other animals, Yin and Yang decided to play with our ducks.  One duck survived.  We came home from a trip to the nearest town one day last summer to find duck carnage and happy dogs.  Knowing we could not trust them again, they met a peaceful end the next day in my arms.

I now have a cat, Her name is Spot.  She has completely taken over my heart, but unfortunately she has become ill.  Yes, she has been to the vet, for which visit I unhappily spent over $100.00.  She is a fighter, and I believe is recovering, but it has been touch and go for a few days. 2 nights ago, I told my adored husband Gerry that I feared she was dying, but she has hung on and I see improvement now.  She definitely put up a much sterner fight today when I made her take her medicine!

Oh yes, my Goals.

Well, it has been a successful day 2 of no alcohol year!  Which should help the frugality goal and the lose weight goal.  I also found a book on Amazon.com I wanted to buy.  And I did not buy it!  Yay for me!  But I did not exercise at all, did not cook (we ate leftovers, which Gerry cooked)  Did not do dishes (Gerry did dishes)  did not find another "Green Living" idea to implement.  I did turn lights out after Gerry and Jake, because I tend to see that when they- Manlike- do not.  But if I reported everytime I turn off I light I shall become very boring indeed!

I did change my netflix account, so that I am actually paying more this month.  That is because I am going to try to power through my entire queue this next month and then next month either cancel it completely, or take it down to only streaming for $8.00 per month.  I have been more and more unhappy with netflix and am willing to give it up.  I spent much of the last month with my account on hold for 2 reasons.

1.  I needed to free up some money in December.
2.  I wanted to see how I did with being home but not having netflix.  To my surprise, I did just fine.

Honestly, I don't know that I would have brought my account back even now, except that the last season of Big Love is available as of tomorrow and I wanted to see how it all comes out!  Was unimpressed with the show in the last 2 years, especially season 4.  But there is only 1 more season so I may as well finish it!  I also have MANY documentaries waiting for me.  I just have to get them watched and then I can let it all go.

Well, my fire is dying down, so I will say goodnight.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment